Another advantage of working with SoTex Exteriors: We are insurance claim experts. We provide you with 100% insurance assistance throughout the entire process, from the time we step onto your roof through the final paperwork we submit on your behalf.
We understand how to work with your insurance company because we’ve studied how insurance adjusters are trained and what they look for. Even if your insurance claim has been denied through other insurance claim experts at SoTex Exteriors will provide another opinion at no cost.
SoTex Exteriors works closely with all home insurance companies. We maintain good working relationships with many insurance adjusters and have developed a reputation for being honest, fair and respectful of their limited time. Each insurance company has different requirements for the amount of damage required when making a claim, and the insurance experts at SoTex Exteriors are familiar with them all.
Most insurance agents and companies will recommend that you contact a roofing company/contractor before opening claim. If a claim has been opened and an insurance adjuster does not find enough hail damage, it’s still considered a claim on your insurance policy.
Here’s what we recommend if you think your roof may be damaged:
- Call your roofing contractor and have them check your roof for damage. The contractor should be knowledgeable about insurance claims and understand how much damage each insurance company requires before making a claim.
- Ask the contractor to take pictures of the damage. Also ask them about insurance requirements. A good roofing company will only have you make a claim when necessary.
- If your roof has hail damage, your contractor will ask you to contact your insurance claims department. Your insurance company will contact you when an insurance adjuster is available to inspect your roof.
- Have your roofing contractor meet with the insurance adjuster. This ensures that everyone is in communication and helps prevent misunderstandings, making the process quicker and smoother.
- Once the inspection is completed, your insurance company will send you a claim packet (this normally takes between 7 to 10 business days). Contact your roofing contractor to review the paperwork and make sure the measurements are correct and all roofing accessories have been covered. No one is perfect and insurance companies are no exception! This is also a great time to review deductibles, depreciation and any other details, such as the mortgage company listed on the insurance checks.
- Now is the time to get a written/signed contract with your roofing contractor. Do not take a verbal agreement; get everything in writing. A reputable roofing company will not ask for any payments until the work has been completed.
- Make sure to contact your HOA and ask your contractor about city permits if needed. SoTex Exteriors handles all permitting for our clients.
Call SoTex Exteriors Roofing & Remodeling if you suspect your roof has been damaged and let us help take the hassle out of the insurance claim process.